Thursday 4 July 2013

Bummer's life

Are you someone who dresses to impress? 
I seem never to be able to go beyond an outerwear and tank, the weather is so humid!
OOTD
Megagamie blazer in yellow
F21 black shorts
Uniqlo white tank
PS1
IMG_6081
Went out with JS for some light shopping, scored a dress, and he got his loafers before dinner. Gah, I don't feel the whole GSS mood yet - has it actually started?

Did our dinner at one of my favorite thai food restaurants, Thai Accent.
IMG_6082IMG_6085

Thai Iced Tea, I love how 'connoisseur' it looked!
IMG_6090

I'm quite a fan of steamed fishes (yeap, you gotta have steamed garoupa/sea bass in your wedding dinners to have me going) and this is the steamed seabass fish with lime and chili. Signature fish.
IMG_6093IMG_6094
Its quite a big portion considering its price ($33) and I never have enough of this!
I'm lucky JS isn't much of a fishy fan, so I ate the bulk of it. yummeh!

I'll always ask for chili padi in fish sauce, they complement all the thai dishes well :)
IMG_6096
Mister right who squeezes limes, peels prawns, debones fish for me!
Skills I look in a boyfriend.

Lastly, minced basil chicken. Gooood!
IMG_6097
I've had the Tom Yum seafood steamboat several times, so I gave it a miss this time round.

*   *   *   *
Craving for some western style dishes, so I decided to go to Poulet @ Bugis+ which is well-raved by Jie. The last time I dated Jie & friends to dinner, they had Poulet while I just returned home from Dubai.... so I had Japanese instead.

French roast chicken, this better be good, I thought.
IMG_6099

Appetiser;
Jie had the saute wild mushroom soup
IMG_6101IMG_6098
Me having the french onion soup.
I like it with the cheese crotons it came with and it did act as a good appetiser for my mains.

Half Poulet Roti >>
It was really good. I mean, the meat was well cooked. I'm a little weird - I know most people like juicy, tender thighs while I'm the chicken breast girl. I like my (chicken) meat a little dry, and flakey, so much so I love watching it tearing in strips.
IMG_6105
IMG_6102
I've read reviews on Poulet and I know how small the main courses are and to be fair, I'm a person who likes to feel 80% full, so the portions do work for me. I'm not too sure how they came up with the cream sauce (kinda taste like coconut for me) but it was good.
Oh, this one doesn't come with carbs (chips, mash) but I'm just very happy with how it is.
In addition, I love how they have the spinach leaves with it - that's one thing I will ask for more the next time I visit.

Iberico Pork Belly
IMG_6103
I had high expectations for this and it didn't fail too badly.
Again, points for the spinach (Big, big fan of spinach), meat isn't fat which I suppose they did remove all the greasy stuff.
Pork belly was tender, soft and well cooked. I find the sauce too sweet, so I didn't enjoy this dish as much as I did for the Roti.

I didn't get to try the signature Tiramisu because Jie is having a clean palate with zero alcohol so I'm probably gonna come by again soon with JS to try the beef and tiramisu!
IMG_6106
That's all for food reviews! I'm heading to Bali and I can't wait to do my indonesian dishes @ made warung ( my favorite restaurant) and JS found a good Bebek Bengil (duck) since he knows how crazy I am over duck dishes.

heh.. don't get me wrong, there are also things I don't eat at all.. just in case I sound like a fanatic over everything food.
Things I stay away from:
- Anything lamb, mutton
- Japanese ramen with strong pork broth
- cabonara (heavy in cream, makes me a lil sick)
 - raw sashimi except for salmon sashimi
- brussels spouts (gawd I hate that)

and the list continues.... :p