Tuesday 4 June 2013

Running around like a headless chicken

Possibly my last few posts in Dubai before I move to Singapore, hooray! :-)

Things I need to do before I go on my final work trip:
- Change my bed linen (things you do when you live alone, abroad)
- Pack my bags to return (labeling and packing!)
- Settle tickets and reservations for mom and/or bro to Dubai

I've sent out a few emails with my resumes attached, and I am unsure if I will get replies from them... 
Tons and tons of things to do before I move :-(


Just gonna touch a little on Hongkong!
I'm dying to post on Nice (in South France) but I'm a little tired now from all the errand-running this morning...

I made my 24 hours in HKG really worthwhile.
A ride on the dingding at night is highly recommended at night.
We sat from Causeway Bay where I was staying put, to the bustling Central.
  IMG_5724 IMG_5721IMG_5726

Not a very good picture of me since I was in all black but I had to post this up since it's mid levels.
IMG_5728 IMG_5729

Settled in a small cafe because I don't want to do alcohol so Peiyu had sangria while I had my usual Mocha.
I would say give this cafe a miss if you see it (it's hard to miss, it's the only few cafes around) and give the pubs/restaurants a go. I find the quality of F&B so-so. Mocha was alright.
Best Mocha = Holly Brown for me. You can find it in Central, Elements @ TST and etc.

IMG_5731 IMG_5733
Carrot cake was nice though but we hated the chocolate cake below.
It looked like it's gonna be a lava cake, but it was BAD. Served lukewarm.
IMG_5735

Woke up at 7am since Peiyu had a trekking session and I have work later, so we settled at a nearby New Star Restaurant for dimsum! Read that this is the only other restaurant that opens that early which is located in the central area of Hong Kong.
IMG_5736
Peiyu and her CamOne, which is a GoPro dup. Awesome cam for sports since you can clip it on your bike/diving suit.

Seated around us are elderly folks, chillax-ing with their newspapers and tea.
IMG_5737

This is quite a bit for two, but we're not missing any one of these!
IMG_5739

Our usuals;
IMG_5741 IMG_5742
Can you believe this pork ribs steamed rice is HKD1 (SGD0.15)?
 It comes with any dimsum ordered.

Us at the table #selfie
IMG_5744 IMG_5745
Liu Sha Bao a.k.a.
Salted yolk buns
IMG_5748
Lava-style.
The liu sha baos here are highly recommended! Yums!

Happy us at the dimsum table, I would love to come back for more :-)
IMG_5750IMG_5751

xo,
Steph