Monday 27 May 2013

What's in my travel makeup pouch?

I was in New York just 24 hours ago and now I'm back in the very warm Dubai. I think it's now an average of 40 degrees outdoors (29 degrees at night). My transport for summer sticks strictly to cabs because of the horrid weather conditions!

Slept almost 21 hours since yesterday's 7am and I'm not sure if I am suffering from jetlag anymore 
(the last trip I had severe sleep problems and I couldnt tune back to normal Dubai hours). This time, I will make sure that I will stay up in the day and only sleep late at night.

*   *   *   *

Shirleen hosted a dinner a week ago at her apartment and it was steamboat this time! We all brought our favorite steamboat ingredients and I was in charge of bringing dry food. So I brought my favorite glass noodles, HK shrimp noodles, luncheon meat and since I was in Seoul that period, I also brought a whole bag of kimchi as starters.
The food extended to the second table, which we used Shir's coffee table, so it was that much food we brought lol! We had 4 bags of different chinese vegetables that Veriza and Christine bought from Singapore and Malaysia respectively but we had no difficulty finishing them. I concluded Tang-O is the best veg for the purpose of steamboat.

The base that we used that day were mala-spicy base from Shanghai, and satay instant base from Hong Kong. Both are really good! :)
IMG_5558IMG_5560 IMG_5567
Tons and tons of food with good girl company!

*   *   *   *

Since I won't be visiting NY for a period of time, I got some of my essentials before I left!
IMG_5570
From top left
Essie's millionare treatment polish, US$9
MAC select concealer in NC20, US$19
MAC Matte Rouge A Levres in Russian Red, US$17 as a b-day gift for Erika.
Carmex Soothing Lip Balm and Healing Lim Balm (for Joey) - US$2.50 each
NARS blush in Orgasm shade - US$31

I forgot to get the MAC/Sephora blending brush and I'm cursing myself for that :(

IMG_5571

I also had time to do a "what's in my travel makeup pouch". I believe in packing light for makeup and because I lost my makeup pouch in March (with makeup items once from Dior/Chanel).
I know with such extensive traveling it might happen again... so I've packed my makeup pouch with brands that will not hurt my pocket!

Eye makeup
IMG_5575
Dejavu Fiberwig mascara in black
Lavschuca (Kanebo) PK-1 quad eyeshadow
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden
Heavy Rotation Perfect Liquid eyeliner in black

Face
IMG_5573
NARS blush in Orgasm
Maybelline Mineral BB Watergel Shade 02
Face of Australia Blush in Primrose
Etthusais BB Mineral Compact in Natural shade

Others
IMG_5576
Travelo filled with Flora by Gucci, Gorgeous Gardenia scent
Carmex Lip/Cold Sore balm
MAC select concealer in NC20
Refresh eyedrops
Maple Clinic Pimple concealer
SASA Nail file

Lips
IMG_5574
Paul & Joe Rouge A Levres in Shade 14
Lavschuca (Kanebo) Lipstick in RD-4

*   *   *   *

Gonna go do some reading in bed before heading for dinner tonight with more girlfriends! Cheeros to a good Monday!