Tuesday 3 January 2012

it's 2012!!!

I have been pretty busy slacking this week and I'm so not used to work already.
My weekends were spent lazing in bed with JS, eating lots and watching a movie!
Have you caught Mission Impossible 4? I love how it uses iphone (talk about easily relating to the movie) and that it sets its scenes in Dubai in the later part.
Tom Cruise is incredibly suave and fit as usual.

I fix 3 simple resolutions this year:
1) Be richer (by knowledge and by savings)
2) Be stronger (physically & emotionally)
3) Be more sensitive (to my loved ones - friends & family).
Easier said than done, so better do it steph!!!

Starting off with some instragram pictures. Haven't been really active cos I was lazy :S
photo 2-4
photo 5photo 4-1photo 3-3photo 1-4
1. First movie of the year + miffy instax :>
2. hot pink gelish nails with my girls + 9gag reader which is an addiction to read
3. lao ban tau hway x 15 boxes

QQ chilled tau hway is definitely not my thing man...
The texture and taste is nothing compared to Lao Ban or 51. In fact, it didn't taste good IMO :(
P1030355
I feel 51's taste and texture is closer, but still Lao Ban wins hands down!
I think JS finds me weird sometimes, like I definitely have to try to find the best for whatever that's 'trending'. :X

01.01.2012
Sneaked out on for dinner and made sure I wear nicenice to start the year off!
P1030473
Initially wanted a thai restaurant for dinner, but lured by MacDonald's when we walked past it.

Ended up with Macdonald's for dinner... lol!!
P1030479
P1030482
We had the Prosperity meal because I know JS has been wanting it since it reappeared end last year.
The meal was huge - there's the burger, curly fries, apple pie, orange fizz and FOC MacD's red packets!
Filled to the brim man...

Burger > Thick beef patty dunked in generous black pepper sauce.
I only managed to finish 2/3 of it :(
P1030484

ORANGE FIZZ ( i dont know what this is called formally)
The first time I had it was when Joyce ordered and I took many sips of it!
P1030483
It's orange + sprite/soda, just really addictive!

Brisk walked via Citylink to Esplanade;
P1030488P1030491
Will definitely miss watching musicals here :)
I think Singapore has a high standard of music theaters and halls, given Esplanade and MBS.

JS and I rested our feet at Häagen-Dazs for dessert.
P1030493

P1030500P1030495
Chocolate Midnight Cookies + Strawberry Cheesecake + Cream Brulee (seasonal flavor) with 1 piece waffles.
Gosh their waffles and ice cream are so good!!!

For the new year's piece, I wore out a gorgeous embellished piece from FlyMeToParis
1_MG_8134
A matte satin piece, this dress is beautiful yet incredibly comfortable to wear!
The shade's really dark navy, something like a midnight color, that makes it easily look like an expensive piece.
The v-neck and bottom tier cut is extremely flattering, size S fits me good (and snug) :)
The workmanship is great, a mixture of pearls, beads and crystals are well-sewn.
Never regretted this piece in this very pretty color!
IMG_0326IMG_0400
Classy piece to wear to weddings, dinners or parties for the navy blue, and i guess the pink will be another great color for girlies parties or high tea!
Above model pictures credits to FlyMeToParis

Skinny Pizza - Xmas gift exchange '11
Lastly, a post from last year that I would love to include here!
Most pictures are stolen from Wendy and Yina's blog entries (thanks girls!) :)
IMG_8133
A table for 7 girls (we were missing Noi who had work commitments!)

Joyce and I were late 'cos I was at her office before that and she had remaining parcels to mail out that day. Again - committed blogshop owner *salutes*.

When we arrived, Joyce flashed her twelvecupcakes to make the girls happy.
Sugar = Happiness for girls,
which is why whenever I'm seriously late and in trouble, I'll try to buy the person bubbletea as compensation :X
P1030431
The salted caramel one wins hands down. I haven't tried the red velvet one!!!

the english breakfast pizza shared by Joyce and I 'cos the rest had their fill already.
Latecomers eat alone ok!!
P1030433
Love the bacon and egg combination, else I think the squidink seafood skinny is good too!

Presents;
6558678945_3162ccd5e1_o

Names;
IMG_8165
the girls very mean one. I told them that mine was a paper weight and they took it seriously and draw a :( face on it.
Instead of feeling :(, I was in my evil spirits so I kept smirking to everyone saying they should count their blessings, who knows who would geddit!
MAHAHAHA.

Like a wicked child>>>
IMG_8176-1
This picture freaked myself out actually!
They call this my real side. Tsk tsk.

Self shots!
IMG_8186IMG_8187

After multiple times of picking names, we finally got the right ones!
IMG_8190
the girls taking pictures of the gifts.

The most effort present goes to Nancy...
IMG_8177
+ a shy bear to Wendy.

I think mine is really pretty leh :(
b9557e722bd811e180c9123138016265_7
it's a musical box and all these tiny decor in the center goes in circular motion when you wind it. Luckily Fel like it *phew* so we managed to do an internal swop!
6558680019_05648c56b6_o
TEEHEE!!

massive group pictures of us before i end this post;
6558679889_75d37c97a7_ozIMG_8182zIMG_8183
Thanks to my loveable girls for the awesome company!
I never knew online friendships can be so sweet, so nice and finally, special thanks (i know its usually it's our wendy <3) who have always been planning our meetups!

the fendi-inspired dress that i was in love with!
_MG_7722
_MG_7724
from thetinselrack

I love anything quirky and unique and this is everything I love!
From the button sleeve details, waist band, to the capped sleeve.
Great for casual meetups and shopping :)
I fit S snugly for your gauge ( i have wide ribs so the banded waist fits me snugly!)
TTR still has yellow left FYI! :)

Have a good rest of week!
I'm left with quite a bit of packing to do with a new cabinet coming next week and HKG packing!