Wednesday 17 October 2012

I become.

Revamped my blog design a little since I got bored of the last. The last was a cath kidston wallpaper ( i love sweet backgrounds). The blog title was quoted from Derek Walcott's "I read, I travel, I become".

Talking about reading...
paperwhite
I adore reading so I am looking at getting a Kindle Paperwhite since it has the new backlit. I think it would cost USD139 for a set. Though I really wanted to get one, I faced problems with:
i) getting a set because they don't send kindles internationally, at least not for SG and DXB.
ii) you need to get a kindle account tagged onto a UK/US permanent address to download amazon ebook contents.
How troublesome, but it'll be a good tool to get. *heaves a big sigh*

Still in the midst of editing photos for Switzerland and I came across one that is worth blogging.
_MG_1351
Swans and mallard (water) ducks!
So prettyyyyyyyy.
Every other day I pass by Lake Zurich/Lucerne, I looked forward to these beautiful white swans. Look at how the one in the center of this picture folds its wings in, looking like those napkins you see on hotel tables when you attend a wedding dinner! ;D

*  *  *

Have been doing a few work trips before I went on vacation. I hardly took pictures because I had little time to do so, so here's a few I took.

Manchester ;
IMG_2856IMG_2860
In my cableknit jumper and loafers. I love jumpers 'cos there're so easy to put on.
IMG_2858
Chinese food buffet for 4.90pounds.
There have tons of dishes so that made us really happy!
Mini's from HK and Xiaojun's from China so chinese people who saw chinese food = delighted!

We went shopping after and of course, we did Primark. Primark's amazinggggggg for basic tees ( you could get one for 3pounds or so) and if they have sale, 5 pounds for off-season dresses! Shoes are 6 pounds and up for flats and I saw fluffy winter boots for 5 pounds. They're pretty decent quality so don't judge the item for its price :p
IMG_2862
Looking forward to head to London tomorrow to do some more primark-ing!

I tried to do a Paris work trip before my actual vacation so that I can have a feel of what it is like.
IMG_2870
A local friend told Krist and I that we have to go to Montmartre's Sacre Coeur so we went there before catching the Eiffel. It was my first time in Paris but I've heard so much about it (to be really careful) so I was holding onto my bag and Krist so much!

We went into Sacre Coeur and it was a beautiful basilica, no pictures were allowed in its interior but both of us spent some minutes sitting in silence, enjoying that very moment of peace before we headed out again.
IMG_2872IMG_2877 IMG_2879 IMG_2884IMG_2885 IMG_2888
On its beautiful green patch of grass ;)

We took a lot of pictures mainly because Krist's a huge fan of taking pictures (ie. camwhore) and he adores Paris. He knows I'm not quite a big fan of its environment but I loved its ancient sights, such as this one:
IMG_2890
Arc de Triomphe near Champs Elysees. We took this picture while in the middle of the traffic. X_X

IMG_2902 IMG_2898
We didn't really have time for Champs Elysees and since I knew I was coming back, we gave it a miss and went to Eiffel instead.

Indeed Eiffel is a bronze figure during the day.
  IMG_2917IMG_2919 IMG_2923
A horse carriage!

More pictures at 7pm;
IMG_2924
  IMG_2935IMG_2947IMG_2930 IMG_2954
IMG_2970
and as dusk falls, the eiffel lit up ;)

and the most exciting part of it is when it starts "glistering", if I could put it this way. Here's a short video on it for your viewing pleasure:

byebye for now!