Sunday 25 December 2011

23 Dec - MBS hotel

Came back from my 3D2N christmas parties, one notably good and the other notably bad LOL.
I shan't bore you with words and shall flood the entry with pictures :)

Checked in on 23/Dec, the eve of Christmas' eve in MBS.
We planned it 2 weeks ahead and was able to secure a very good deal via Joey.
Kudos to her managing all the hotel communications!

The Marina Bay Sands has a strict hotel policy of checking in 3pm and check out of 11am.
I find the timings kinda unreasonable but Joey again did us an late check-out, so who's complaining? :)
_MG_7727
_MG_7725

Christmas tree :)
_MG_7726

Life lobby @ Tower 3
_MG_7728
(left - right; Joey, Audrie, Eugene)

The Orchid Suite, MBS
_MG_7732
_MG_7733
drool-worthy queen bed.

I admit that the only thing that impressed me is the generosity of size of bathroom.
_MG_7734_MG_7739_MG_7752_MG_7738
It's enormous , plus the vanity/wardrobe area is separated by partition doors which you can draw open to get your stuff and hop back into the bathroom.

The girls' favorite space;
_MG_7740_MG_7741_MG_7742

The living room area and check out what came along with the room?
_MG_7743_MG_7744_MG_7756
2 tellies - one in the living, one in the bedroom.

view from balcony;
_MG_7749

Managed to get the girls to do a video with me!
It's supposedly a room tour but I guess we were all too busy with random things, LOL.

I'm a high-pitched chatterbox :(
Love my girls for their spontaneity !!!!

Dress that I wore for the first half of day, manufactured from MissFayne
navy12_MG_8049
A navy chiffon toga top for my special occasions and parties!
It features a well-sewn embellished piece (sequins+pearls) and a very pretty drape bubbled hem.
The bubbled hem allows me to wear the dress short since it's secured at my thighs, the band isn't too tight either.
It's really chic that it ain't too dressy for a normal day either - a keeper for me :)

Changed into a silver dinner frock before heading out with the girls :)
_MG_7781

Love message from Seng whom had to miss this 'cos he had to skip town.
A word is censored LOL.
_MG_7783
_MG_7789_MG_7788
_MG_7793
Made our way to Outback Steakhouse, the only place that accepted our reservations 4 hours before dinner.

The boys were having fun themselves, so we were glad :)
_MG_7799
My awesome mango kiwi fruit shake.
_MG_7805_MG_7802
Joey: "ME WANT BREAD, NO STEAL!!! >:("

Our mains, mainly fish and chips and steaks.
_MG_7807_MG_7808
My 11 ounce sirloin steak failed;
1) ordered medium well, came medium rare
2) too tough to chew/cut, frustrated were we.

Preferred the ribeye that Joey got so will have that the next time I go to Outback.

Walked past Helix Bridge;
_MG_7811
_MG_7812
I thought I actually loved Brown Brothers' Moscato but I realised the 2 bottles that JS got from DFS actually fared much better.
Here's one from Peter Lehmann ( we used the other on Xmas eve).
_MG_7814
It has a pretty pink tone, and is a sweet bubbly!

Did our gift exchange and 'cos Seng + gf couldnt come, we had to make do with "representatives" to exchange.
_MG_7819
I got a gift from Agnes B, and JS got a pair of eyephones!

Joey bought this from Waitrose, London and is awesome!!
_MG_7826

Christmas crackers that contains gifts! You had to pull the ends, then it will sound a "pop", before you whip out the minature "gifts" and a paper crown :)
_MG_7828_MG_7829_MG_7830

I got one of I wanted- the measuring spoons, and the circular hoop thing,
JS got the yoyo and a keychain notebook.
Travis got the mini tools of screwdrivers, and the wooden blocks (LOL?).
Joey got the most useless stuff of all - a kite and a photoframe
Drie had the wineopener (I want that!!!) and a pen.
Eugene received the best of all gifts - a metal dice and the deck of mini polkacards we all wanted.
_MG_7822
So fun 'cos you'll never know wht you get!!!! :>

Ended our night with several group games and our expert drawing, using faces as canvas;
_MG_7841_MG_7844
_MG_7843_MG_7845_MG_7846_MG_7847
;((((

Group piccas before we end the night :p
grp2grp1

Spent our morning doing MCD's breakfast delivery and spending time at the jacuzzi and pool.
_MG_7861_MG_7849
I guess MBS isn't that bad afterall :)
The infinity pool is really something!

Blogging my second night soon.... at Studio M!
Happy Boxing Day and hope you had a blast during Christmas! :P