Wednesday 23 October 2013

Accutane - my 2 1/2 months update

If there's someone whose acne condition worsened after consuming Roaccutane, man, that's me.

You won't believe how many clogged pores I have now and looking into the mirror is just depressing :(  I wish I could go on about how Accutane changed my life, but as of the 2.5th month, it hasn't done its magic yet. Tons of comedones and thanks to the alcohol the other night ( I know I shouldnt have had - but I gave in), I slept with makeup and the next day, I had a thousand more of them!!!
What a b*tch :((((

My derm has stepped up the pill intake to once every alternate day, and people have emailed me regarding Accutane every day or other, so here are some side effects to share through my personal experience these 2 months.

-----

1) Dry and cracked lips - I have experienced chapped lips but nothing major for me ( some people had dry lips that bled).
 I have a chap stick ( I use pawpaw / carmex and when I was in Taiwan I had Vaseline with me. 

2) Dry skin - I try to moisturise the dry patches on my legs if I remember but yes, it did cause me to have dry skin.

3) Increased sweating - OH GAWD YES. I feel like I sweat more than I did previously, not that I could do anything about it than to keep myself cool.

4) Mood changes and depression - Nope, not that I feel any differences before and after I took accutane. You do feel upset when Accutane does its course of purging but nothing more than that. 

I find this article really comprehensive and if anyone is thinking of seeking help through course of roaccutane or has been referred to consider so should read this:

Hope this helps! :)