Tuesday 3 July 2012

Dubai Surprise Sales (Summer)!

I'm such a bad blogger but hey, i got more time now than ever! I still have 1 day of rome, 2 days of munich, 4 days of HKG to blog but I don't know where to start with. Let's take a break from Rome and go into my recent Dubai life.

If you've been on my instagram / twitter ( i do update very frequently there), I've been really busy with my DSS (dubai surprise sales) where lots of U.S. stores have their sales! everything's from 25%-50%, but i have to say they're so much better than sales in Singapore, because they do mean what they say! My wallet is hurting so much :(

IMG_2332
I got a shimmer tone dress from River Island for around SGD40, when it used to be SGD90!
Worth the grab!

IMG_2333
my up-to-no-good Norwegian friend, Emilia, nicknamed Ems.

IMG_2331
Ems and I at Gap where there's another massive sale. We've been shopping so much together that I can name all her apparels. Let's try...

On Ems:
peach top with cutout back: F21
jeans: American Eagle (AE)
vintage brown bag with gold sling: Charles & Keith
brown loafers: Steve Madden
watch: Casio

On Me:
white chiffon shirt: Pull&bear
tank: Primark
black floral lace skirt: F21
black weaved jellies: bangkok
black tote: Charles & Keith
coffee: Tim Houtons


Ended up with quite a bill but I haven't gotten my sandals. Didn't see one that pleases the eyes :p

* * * *

I haven't really been in town, so meeting friends can prove to be quite difficult. So I gathered a group of my mates here to have lunch together ;)
Untitled
the early birds

the only guy in the group for that day, karim (nicknamed 'curry')
IMG_2280

Venue: Shangri La Dubai, Dunes Cafe for lunch/brunch or whatever you call it
Cuisine: International + wine
IMG_2283

The arabic dessert corner
IMG_2285

Western dessert corner
IMG_2286IMG_2287 IMG_2288 IMG_2289
which goes on forever. The thing I'm amazed about Shangri la (hotel buffets worldwide) is their dessert line). It's like you're going for a dessert buffet!

Pretty bread bar
IMG_2292

Hot meals which are a little disappointing really, lacked variety.
IMG_2293

They had a sushi, seafood and a BBQ corner which was really nice, and I enjoyed that.IMG_2294

Drinks included fruit juices (which kiwi was amazing), fizzy drinks (which we didn't have) and alcohol (red/white wine/ beer).
IMG_2295

Sashimi and Salmon Sushi - I have a better recommendation of Japanese restaurant (namely, Kiseku) for fresh sashimi.
This isn't too bad though ;)
IMG_2296

Eleni from Greece with her salad and my japanese palate.
IMG_2297

IMG_2298
2/3 of the brazilian girls - flavia from Rio and Suellen (nicknamed Sue) from a state near Sao Paolo.
IMG_2307
Am really close to them especially when I was going through the company's training.

more desserts- mango chocolate cake and cream brûlée!
IMG_2308 IMG_2299
Sue, Curry (Egyptian Italian), and of course, Rita (Polish) who's always in my blog from Vienna, a country I'm yearning to visit.

A group picture on the lunch table - with Fernanda (nicknamed Fe) at the end of the table, also Brazilian, also from Sao Paolo.
IMGexit IMG_2305
A toast to living in Dubai for the past half a year ;)

And a group picture to end this gathering - we will be back for more in July ;)
tgt

Curry, Rita and Ems (came to meet us) for a shopping spree in Dubai Mall. This is where the craziness starts and I've spent more than I'm willing to :p
IMG_2316

Went into Pottery Barn Kids to get Clara her 1st birthday gift from yiyi (me) so that I can bring to her in HKG. This place is amazing when it comes to purchasing kids items, and my friends had a little fun here. lol!
IMG_2317IMG_2318 IMG_2322
Emilia has this thing with headgears. I'm sure!

The shopaholic of the day (of the year, of the century!) - Rita :p
I've gone to London, to Shanghai with her and here in Dubai, she always clocks the most $$_$$.
IMG_2324

bags of steve maddens, aldos, victoris secrets, aeropostal, etc etc etc.
most of the damage belongs to Rita and Curry, this trip I only bought what I needed ( and the next few I spurlged :x)
IMG_2326

Before I end the day, I popped over to Justine's to wish her a happy 22nd! :)
Her rainbow birthday cake was supposed to be colorful when it comes to the interior chiffon part of the cake but the baker mixed it up and gave her a rainbow exterior instead! Hahaha!
Taste awesome for its chocolate chiffon nevertheless! :)
IMG_2328

I'll do an entry tomorrow on Rome II, I promise!

and lastly, a big thank you to my (other) shopaholic friend, Joyce
ttr
the romper from thetinselrack that I loved to death, worn in my recent HKG trip, thanks darl!! <3!