Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sushi x Gatherings

Adele invited us over her place to do handmade sushi and I was totally game for it! 
After a tiring work trip from LHR, I slept for 12 hours before I woke up and prepared!
IMG_0844IMG_0842 IMG_0846IMG_0848
Never knew handmade sushi can be this delicious and easy to make, thanks to chef adele!

IMG_0849 IMG_0853 IMG_0854
korean sushi (wrapped with spinach and kimchi)
This must be our favorite!

The one below are rolled with fresh vegetables and crabmeat, I like this better though it's not as flavorful as the korean ones, because they were light to eat :)
IMG_0858

V also made radish and carrot soup for us - yummy!
IMG_0856

Challenged V for a creative sushi contest where I sprung out ideas to make a huge california roll that made us burst out in laughter! I tried to do a fake onigiri which they called "sushi sandwich" LOL.
IMG_0862IMG_0867IMG_0866IMG_0874
aww, these huge rolls were awesome to look at and eat!

Adele gave us a second challenge for the day - these ice cubes were really hard to pop out of their cases.
IMG_0877IMG_0883IMG_0885
but so pretty to look at!

Lastly, steffie brought M&S scones to share with us - her love from Manchester ;)
I'm looking forward to a work trip to MAN end this month, another part of UK i'm going... Thinking if I should really get my hands on the pretty Cambridge red satchel :D
IMG_0887

* * * *

The next day, Rita and I had a course to attend before we went for coffee. I had briefly less than 4 hours sleep the night before.
IMG_0889
Decided to do lunch here too :)
IMG_0891IMG_0893

@ my favorite dean & deluca restaurant;IMG_0894 IMG_0896 IMG_0898 IMG_0901IMG_0903

Marvelous food with my shopping buddy in DXB.
IMG_0899IMG_0902 IMG_0908IMG_0909
we shopped so much that day, I think I spent around SGD200 on stuff I didn't much needed.
GRRRR should have done that in primark instead which is perhaps much cheaper.

Joined the girls at night at fusion with flavors restaurant at Al Quasias for Schirien's birthday :)
IMG_0912 IMG_0911
V and Em made a beautiful chocolate cake for Schirien - that's lots of love!

Em and I shared a pepperoni pizza that got me choking on how spicy it was :-(
IMG_0913IMG_0915
and the wonderful strawberry shake I had.

For my dutch lady, Schirien's 27th!
IMG_0917 IMG_0921IMG_0925
Schirien's blessed with lots of wonderful gifts and a great dinner that night.
Love<3!
IMG_0927

My buddy's moving in to the same apartment as I am tomorrow, so it's house moving day we're gonan be busy with! Can't wait to shop for groceries again... my weekly must-do since I ran out of veg already!
I'm heading to Shanghai for another work trip this Friday and I'm totally looking forward to see my cousin :)