Wednesday 21 March 2012

my way long update!

I find myself guilt-tripped because I haven't been blogging for a long time.
My daily life has been training - coming home - sleep - study & cook - training and the cycle goes on.
On a happy note, I'm ending my fabulous training next Tuesday, with 2 days off in-between (we're thinking of a desert tour) before i globe trot! Trying to get my hands on a new semi-pro since I sold mine for the bb 9900 just 2 months ago :) Time flies really fast, I'm reaching my 2 months in Dubai soon by the 6th :)

I love the training because I've amazed myself with how adaptable I am with diversity. I'm the only Asian in the training group, and in my group itself, we have had 12 different nationalities speaking 15 different languages. The common ground is certainly English, but I've picked up some handy Italian, Brazilian and German words that I might find useful.

On the other hand, I still find food a problem here. Western and Indian food are easy to find, but finding a taste of home is a little tricky.

My current addiction of chocodate which I am finding a chance to ship back to home as gifts since I have 50% discount off DHL which is great!
Instant bubble tea for BB tea fanatics like me.
IMG_7188IMG_7177IMG_7189
shower gel to spoil myself crazy, in love with the orange ginger aromatherapy series from B&BW

Sticking to my favorites and trying out Paul Mitchell's conditioner, which works out well for me.
IMG_7190

Did my gelish nails for S$40 and amazed at how it really lasts :)
IMG_7205IMG_7237

my simple WIW because I have limited resources, can't wait to ship some over when I'm back.
IMG_7192IMG_7200IMG_7183
Jeans is staple!

with my Singaporean friends and my Norwegian and German buddies!
lunchIMG_7214IMG_7216
where you find dim sum better than SG?
This is it, @ Jumeirah Beach.

Emilia, Rita and myself in the car.
IMG_7224sarah
hanging out with my girlfriends in the weekends can't get better.
Sarah and Suyanti (my Indo friend) @ while we are at gift shopping.

IMG_7241
and a random picture of the traffic light while i was going for a korean dinner with my housemates one fine evening :)

* * *

Went to the old creek area of Deira to visit, hoping to get souvenirs of DXB at a steal.
IMG_7338
IMG_7340
the touristy spot and everything was good price if you know how you bargain.

Was at the spice souk and haven't had the chance to go to the gold souk.
A souk is a open-air market or a commercial quarter and entails free-market concept (source: wiki)
IMG_7339IMG_7341
amazing place if you wanna shop cheap, wholesale and see the older side of DXB.

grabbing fruit juices at just S$2.
IMG_7348IMG_7349
and snacks at the vending machine for S$0.30.

the abra , or the traditional wooden boat is at S$0.30 per way from the busy Deira to Bur Dubai, souk to souk :)
IMG_7350

the beautiful coast , and the ride will be nice... hoping to go soon to take some good pictures.
IMG_7353IMG_7354
one side of this ride faces the very old dubai, while the other side sees the financial hub and the modern city area, a contrasting moment just by paying S$0.30 on the Abra.

ended up having dinner at a sub cafe with live band, how nice that is :)
IMG_7357

IMG_7358
the nicest sub everrrr @ potbelly.

Though being abroad, I know it sounds weird, but I hate to be forgotten.
I'm way too lucky now that I have both my local friends n family reminding me of their love, and my friends here in DXB whom gave me a great birthday here to remember. Will blog when I get pictures from them soon!

Here's a video by JS my baby boy and as much as I thank him for his efforts, the end of this video did cost me some buckets of tears, missing everyone at home;


;~)