Saturday 31 March 2012

i honor company more than gifts

Gonna stay at home to deal with some paperwork and approvals in progress and it's nice to have time to update this little space of mine :)

Gonna update the awesome 25th birthday I had here in Dubai.
I never expected myself to have so much fun on my birthday but my friends did make efforts to celebrate it well with me and made me a really happy girl that day, so much so that it relieved the once, strong desire of me wanting to spend it back home.

What will you do without friends? :)
bday15
bday14
bday16
Chose the restaurant that I would like my friends to dine with me ;)
Shino-chai @ Healthcare City is a quaint Taiwanese restaurant that serves really good Chinese food, with our favorite bubble tea.
They do really good sweet and sour chicken/fish and great brown fried rice, and not forgetting their variety of dimsum ;)

Invited my 2 girlies Rita and Ems for dinner, and I guessed they managed to work with their chopsticks in the end. They loved chinese food. Em's favorite should be the kung-bao chicken while Rita loves anything with sweet & sour sauce.
bday5
bday4
while my buddy Suy and I are exceptionally pleased to order bubble tea :)

The girls took pictures of kisses with me, so much so I have to pick just a couple of shots to post.
Lucky me had 15 girls that night, any guy will kill to be me :p
bday10
bday6
bday20
The girls got perfect champagne roses for me which is a spot-on!
Love them :)

Adele sweethearts brought out the strawberry cake for me.
bday11

Surprised to find that it's from Paul's - my favorite french bakery here in DXB.
bday2
There I was exclaiming "NOOO WAYYYY"
Little did I know:
1) Adele knew that I love Paul's because I kept mentioning "Let's dine @ Pauls" every other time
2) JS and Adele texted each other at the same time to ensure that I get the correct cake (i.e. strawberry).

Happy little girl :)
bday12

Taking shots with my girls who came to DXB with me; V and Sarah :)
It was marvelous having them - we went shopping to get our necessities together when we were all new in Dubai, discovering new places and doing all the paperwork that the company requires us to during induction. ;)
bday3
bday8
bday13
Cake was really good, best strawberry cake ever.
bday19

before they ended the session for next stop, I was carried 3-4 times for a perfect shot, and here's it!
bday18
grp
<3!

Some of the girls left due to other commitments, so the majority of us went to QD bar @ Dubai Creek Club. One of my favorite chill spots here because you get the breeze since it's near the creek, and if you're lucky, you'll sit at seats near the waters.
bday23bday21
bday22

joked and chatted till almost 1am before we retired - a great time catching up! :)
bday30

splendid night out, grateful for friends and company :)
bday24
bday31

my presents from the girls :)
IMG_0020

Went out with my housemates to Thai-Chi at Wafi Mall.
Another beautiful place with a BBQ corner that's well known to serve great, local thai food.
IMG_0257
IMG_0261IMG_0262
they do the best tom-yum soup :)
Thursday was buffet night ( though we much preferred the ala-carte style) but nothing beats the ambience here at the top of Wafi mall, so we thought it will be wise to stay :)
IMG_0264
IMG_0268
Thanks for the treat Chris, Erika and Shimi!
You guys have been a great help to me when I'm staying here, giving me tips and advice whenever I need. I am really fortunate to have you guys around :)

my wacky housemates;
IMG_0273
IMG_0276
really grateful to have the really nice company from my housemates once again!

& presents from my housemates ;)
IMG_0075
IMG_0281
a new cup and a new cushion set that're really handy since I needed them, domo arigato Shimi-chan & Erika-chan! ;)