Friday 17 February 2012

more of my relocation..

Whilst everyone's blogging about valentine's, i have none this year since I spent my days here in DXB. Spent the day at home resting and skyped with my boyfriend that day!

JS has been really sweet to send me roses ( I really wondered how he got the local contact) and 2 bears that kept me company. Had a shock at first 'cos the driver said "i got something to send to you, is your address xxxx rd xxx unit" and I was thinking if this guy is trying to be funny.

IMG_6997
haha, i was in my PJs when I took this picture

IMG_6998
pleasant surprise indeed, thanks bb!
He was sweet enough to send one with vase because i am slightly sensitive to pollen and can put it on my dressing table :) Still blooming since I got it last Friday! :)

Not sure if you know but the toughest thing to ever do is to relocate to somewhere new. You'll be placing yourself out of your comfort zone, and especially to a place you've never been to is a risk.

A risk that may be made to you because all is unclear, and you may not know what you're getting yourself into.

They say when you're placing yourself in a different environment and state of mind if you change a job. I changed a job, a industry and decided to move out of my country for this. It's stressful, when you could only pack your necessities and not bring everything you had - including your kinships and your belongings.

IMG_6770IMG_6786
I guess I finally decided, packed and moved. This must be the bravest thing I ever did in my 24 years.
Nevertheless, after one week or so, I'm more or less temporarily settled in this place. I love my accommodation because it's really nice and cozy. Tried to make it my own, and a livable place for me by putting items of my own :)

Pictures of my accommodation:
IMG_6806IMG_6816IMG_6841IMG_6842
I am not putting up pictures of my bedroom yet (though you can catch a glimpse of my white comforter and linen sheets) because I wanted to change my own comforter covers and pillow cases. Till I am done with them, I will!

Room with attached toilet is awesome.

Some of my cleaning stuff. I realized that when I live alone, a lot of my things have to be purchased.

IMG_6840
90% of my laundry goes into the washing machine and dryer.
10% handwashed cos some has color run/are white.


Some gifts from my friends given to me during my departing date and I found them really useful for my daily life here;
IMG_6839
including the dumbo which I hug to sleep cos they don't sell bolsters here.

I'm glad there's a daiso here as well, where I got my chopsticks and bowls 'cos they don't use them here.


Every other time, my shopping time is 95% spent on groceries and household items.

IMG_6824
Haven't hit the mall till i get my ID card for further discounts >.<

Unpacked all my stuff last Friday and here're my luggages. Total = 50kg which I think is insufficient to put my 2000 clothes and 1000 handbags :(
IMG_6817

I am very particular about pads so when I heard a friend said that they're only thick pads here, i was like O.O

glad to find whisper = always here, and it's slightly scented so I'm loving it!

IMG_6837
funny how every country has their own adaptations of brands.
like Guardian = Mannings in HK.


my living area;
IMG_6857
IMG_6860IMG_6869
with an oven and electric cooker.

Thanks to my 2 flatmates, I get to live in a neat and clean shared apartment.


IMG_6852
the bus stops are air-conditioned cos summer can go up to 50 odd degrees.

Met up with Shir to get Starbucks and some light shopping done.
IMG_6885
I miss starbucks cos everywhere I'm seeing here are costas coffee!

I've never had Chili's in Singapore so I thought it'd be a great idea to have it in Dubai.

IMG_6887
IMG_6892
had their wings as well but I'm not a fan of it ;\
Burger was awesome!


Walked the streets with the company of Veriza and 3 of us strolled to find a metro but it was so far away so we dropped by a shop that caught our attention on Vday eve :)

IMG_6893
Got a rose from the owner of the store, very sweet of him i'd say :)
IMG_6895

and went to 'crash' the girls' places nearby, giving them a surprise :p!
euni
I'll love to blog more but I'll leave them to the next.

Here're some pictures taken off my iPhone ( I came without a cam here) so pardon me for the poor resolution :)
IMG_6906IMG_6909IMG_6912IMG_6918IMG_6802
IMG_6797
Dubai has really pretty high rise and unique building structures.

My favorite has to be the sail like building called the burj al-arab, situated near Madinat Jumeirah :)


As for the view my room faces, it's splendid. I could see the tallest building in the world from my window (the sharpest building) - burj khalifah.

IMG_6810
IMG_7025
yet today there's a bad sandstorm which stopped me going out on my rest day :(
Hope it subsides soon 'cos the girls wanna go out to play!


Till then, missing you all my friends and loved ones.

P.S. I'm reading the straits times more often than I was in Singapore to keep me updated!